I spent all last week moving the rest of my stuff out of the apartment or doing things for taiko, and I'm practically living at MoBot for the Japanese Festival this weekend. It's an entire weekend devoted to playing taiko and drinking beer, basically. My taiko group has had 3 shows so far this weekend, and our last one is tomorrow. I was supposed to play taiko on more than half of the songs, and of course now I can't do any of that with my broken hand--I'm limited to the transitions between songs and background instruments. I can't stand whiners, but every so often, I think whining is acceptable. This would be one of those times. Stupid hand! It is really hard to wait backstage while everyone else plays, and it gets harder with each performance. Still, I want to share this weekend with the group. Even if I don't really get to play, I enjoy the experience. We work so hard all year and this is by far our biggest event.
I have come a long way in my 2 years of playing (1 1/2 in the group officially), and I actually want to show people what I can do now; not just strangers, either, but people that I know! That doesn't happen very often, with anything. What amazes me is that a handful of friends, my cousin, and my parents still came to a performance, even though I told them not to bother. I sure can't complain about that.
No comments:
Post a Comment