Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sponsored by Right Guard

I thought this was funny. Here are the ten phrases most likely to make a man break out in a sweat, as reported by Right Guard deodorant (America's most-trusted news source?):
1. We need to talk
2. The boss wants to see you now
3. I've had a bit of an accident
4. Can I borrow your credit card?
5. There's a leak (upstairs/in the bathroom etc)
6. Did you remember my birthday?
7. I've got something to tell you
8. You know that xxx (tenner/car/lawnmower etc) that you lent me?
9. You haven't forgotten we're going out tonight
10. Now I know it looks bad but...

Off the top of my head, mine would go something like this:
1. HR needs to talk to you
2. Can I have your number?
3. I've had a bit of an accident
4. Remember me?
5. Do you have a boyfriend?
6. Who needs designers? I know what I'm talking about. (This makes my blood boil, which then produces sweat)
7. What happened to that xxx (cd/money etc) that I lent you?
8. Don't take this the wrong way but...
9. Did you get that email/message?
10. Let me see it (portfolio, dance move, any number of things...).

2 comments:

crazywriter84 said...

I feel like #2 and #5 have stories behind them that I don't know.

jweezy said...

Ha, not really. I just don't like to give out my number because I don't actually want the guy to call, but I also don't want to lie or be rude. I don't even know how to answer #5, for some of the same reasons...