Sunday, September 7, 2008

My first love?

Confidence in myself has been fluctuating since the lay-off, but until recently it had been heading consistently downhill. I have a renewed sense of confidence in my abilities, though, and I owe it to a career workshop that I attended last week. I accomplished major things as an intern and junior art director that many senior level people cannot claim, and I should be proud of that. However, just when I was ready to dismiss the company for their bad choice and move on, I received an email from the head of the St. Louis office. His friend at MoBot is looking for a designer and he wanted me to apply; he thought it sounded like a good fit. So...that's nice of him. I'll try that.

Sadly, I'm realizing that I almost treated my job like a romantic relationship, which helps explain why I mostly avoided them in my personal life. I loved my job and it broke up with me, basically. I don't really regret the time that I put into it, though, because it made me a better person. It still wants me to succeed and it's trying to "set me up" with one of its friends, who might be better for me, anyway. I'll be more careful this time around and make sure I don't invest too much of my time into it, though. I guess you could say that I'm on the rebound. Weird. Well, maybe it's for the best.

No comments: