Monday, September 15, 2008

Extra! Extra!

I will try to keep this political ranting short, but I will burst if I don't write this down. For starters, I think it's funny that McCain's platform strategy switched from "experience" to "change" once Palin got on board. How do you even claim to run on change when your party is the reason for this mess? Like "Ha, get a load of the last government screw-ups! Sure, I agreed with them more than 90% of the time, but you can trust that I will be different." How does that work? McCain is running a dirty campaign. I even used to like him 4 years ago, before he lost his integrity. Even Karl Rove (of all people) said that McCain's campaign lies and negative attacks have gone "too far." Others have called them "shamelessly misleading," "thoroughly dishonest," and "a toxic mix of lies and double-speak." Sadly, negative campaigns tend to work, but I hope people are smart enough to see through it this time. I know Obama truly has been trying to run a clean campaign, but I think at this point more attack ads against McCain are fair game. It should be so easy, especially with the major hits on Wall Street today.

I did some volunteer work for Obama's campaign last week and I plan to do more. It's exciting to be around other people that are enthusiastic about it, and one of the campaign leaders is even my age. Hopefully, Obama will win and I can spare you from these political blogs. Give me a break, though; I've been desperately waiting for a new President for 5 years! Now we're down to just 7 weeks. Thank God. Um, in reference to Bush, I think I'm also entitled to say "I told you so."

In other news, I'm going to start taking flamenco classes on Saturday. There's a place that offers them for only $10 an hour, any week that I decide to go. Flamenco dancing will definitely be something different. In flamenco, they use their heels much more than their toes; in tap, it's the opposite. Flamenco involves a lot of stomping and twisty hand motions. The hand and arm stuff come naturally, but the rest might be a challenge. That is exactly why I should do it, though. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing, right?

1 comment:

crazywriter84 said...

Ohh flamenco sounds fun!