Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thank you, Jon Stewart (and Eddie)

I. LOVE. THIS:


It totally calls republicans out on their double standard! There's even a cameo by the man I love to hate, Karl Rove. These people would be tearing Sarah Palin limb from limb (and parading her head around on a stick) if she were the democratic VP choice, no doubt about it. I completely agree, for example, that Palin's personal matters should not factor into her politics, but I'm also pretty sure that republicans thrive on that when the tables are turned. Plus, they accuse the "liberal media" of using the gender card when, in fact, that is obviously what they are doing?

Don't tell me this woman made the cut based on her qualifications (boobs do not count). I only see Sarah Palin as a front woman/yes-woman, much like Condolleeza Rice; if she truly had independent opinions and power (like Hillary Clinton), these men would not be so supportive. They think they're doing women a favor, but frankly, I am insulted. If they're going to appease women by putting one on the ballot, at least put someone there that is worth our admiration or respect (Elizabeth Dole?). As much as I would love to see a woman VP (or President), I want to see her there only because she is the best person for the job.

p.s. Eddie (from taiko) sent me the Daily Show link. He thought it was pointless for me to then post it because he claims he's the only one that reads my blogs...what nerve! :-P

1 comment:

crazywriter84 said...

I read your blog!

And I was going to put this on mine too. It's fantastic. Palin herself at the end just makes it magical.