My patience with everything seems to be running thin these days and my usual "wait and see" approach is turning into a "take it or leave it" attitude on several fronts. I'm prepared to tell it like it is, to your face (tactfully, I hope), but I expect you to do the same. I am not in the mood for unnecessary drama or immaturity from anyone.
Case in point: For the first time ever, I defended my mom against my aunt at a family thing last night. Now, I admit that I do not get along with my mom very well, and I usually play devil's advocate; however, my aunt flipped out for no reason. Things have been tense between my parents and this aunt since she secretly blew up at my dad in January (again mostly unfounded), but it had never come out into the open like this before. My parents were trying to stay out of it. I called her out on her b.s. in one simple statement and I have no remorse. Basically, I have no tolerance for petty, manipulative "adults," no matter who they are (that's not what I said).
I am also realizing (again) that I should only be surrounding myself with people that consistently show that they care about me. No use in trying to spend time with someone that can't give me the time of day. That person might not see my value, but there are plenty of other people that already do. I have options and I shouldn't put those on hold so I can "wait and see" about something else (applies to my job search, too). Step up or step aside.
1 comment:
I realize that many times a year, yet I still can't help keeping people I know don't care in my life. It's annoying.
Post a Comment