Saturday, August 23, 2008

Temporary insanity

I've been packing almost all day and I need to take these breaks to keep from going insane...I just hope that it's not too late. Here are some quick impressions of my state of mind:

I just need to take out the trash, but there's a mutant grasshopper inside the front door and a huge spider outside the front door. (Of course, I am the only one that ever sees this massive spider camped out under the overhang; it hides from my roommate, who isn't afraid of him.) Our door has guard spiders, basically. They just keep building webs up and down the door frame and in the corners. It almost looks like we decorated for Halloween. I would definitely think twice before breaking and entering here. Hell, I can barely leave!

I never considered myself to be a collector of anything, but after packing up my room, I realize that I collect plastic and paper bags. Bags from grocery stores, retail stores, wherever. I can't bring myself to throw them away, and I never remember to recycle them. I think I own the entire collection of Kohl's bags from the past year, to the point where I can see the design evolve. And how much do you think my limited edition Bath & Body Works bag will cost in 20 years?

Sometimes, though, these bags have prizes in them. For instance, I found 2 brand new pairs of shoes (bought them in the off season), 2 lotions, and a t-shirt! Oh, and $200 in Junsei money (fake Japanese festival money with a taiko member's face on it). It's almost like Christmas.

In the past few years, the highs in my life have been really high and the lows have been really low. I feel like I'm in a high-stakes game of poker and I'm all in.

Yes, I tripped on my wide-legged jeans, but skinny jeans are not the answer--for anything, ever. Well, not for me, anyway.

Joe Biden? I don't know, Obama. Yeah he's old ("experienced") and has more foreign policy background, but he seems like a bit of a bigot. I heard McCain might run with Mitt Romney, though, in which case disregard my previous accusation. Please America, don't even think about a McCain/Romney ticket. I'm warning you now.

I almost have to laugh at the absurdities of my life these days, because crying sure won't help. I figure life goes in these up and down phases, and even when things seem really bad, they could always be worse. Sometimes you're the bird, sometimes you're the statue...and sometimes, you get to shoot those Damn Birds: http://www.mofunzone.com/online_games/damn_birds.shtml#. HaHA!

Okay, back to work.

No comments: