Saturday, August 16, 2008

A series of unfortunate events

Typing with one hand is not as hard as I thought. Thank God I am fairly ambidextrous, too, because I can't really use my dominant (left) hand right now. Hopefully I just jammed my finger at the base knuckle, but it's hard to tell. It hurts to move it, but it's still not swollen. I think I'll go to the doctor Monday, just to be sure I didn't break anything. Maybe she can unpop it, too. Right now the popsicle sticks and Ace bandage are keeping it stable.

I think I should start telling people that I got in a bar fight, because the real story is so lame. I was walking down the hallway and my foot got caught in the bottom of my pants...sure, the pants are a little long and the legs are a little wide, but that's no excuse. They were my favorite pair of pants, too. How dare they? I digress...As I started to fall, my hands flew forward. The back of my hand caught the door frame and pushed the base of my ring and pinky fingers too far towards my palm (I heard a pop). It stopped my fall. Usually I am not that clumsy!

This comes at a bad time, since our big taiko performance is in two weeks. I'm not even going to think about that right now, though. My first concern is just making sure it will heal correctly. If it's just a jam as I suspect, it should heal pretty soon. Say some prayers and cross your fingers (those that still can) . . .the storm cloud over my head is still hovering.

No comments: