Ooh look at me, post #2 already. Okay, it's pathetic. I know. I am incredibly bored, though, and nothing of consequence happens on a Sunday night. Not even on tv. I could continue my Obama book, but I'll do that later. It's called The Audacity of Hope, and it's about his political philosophy. Yep, I still like him. A lot. More on that some other time, though.
I have been traveling pretty frequently. I haven't stayed in town for an entire weekend in 4 weeks, and I'm leaving again on Wednesday. The coolest part is that these trips aren't really about the destination, they are focused around the people that I am going to visit or that are on the trip with me. Such is life, or how life should be. Too bad I can't do this more often.
I just got back from a float trip. The rest of the group camped on Friday and Saturday, but I didn't join them until Saturday. Boyz II Men performed for free downtown on Friday and I couldn't miss it. Sure, it's twelve years after the peak of their career and my interest in them, but it doesn't matter. I was thrilled and a little nostalgic, and delaying my float trip experience for the concert was totally worth it.
The weather was beautiful for floating the next day, but I think the river and raft took turns beating me up. Now I have bruises all over the place, even on the arches of my feet! Ouch. I was exhausted by the end of it.
Actually, I was exhausted at the beginning, too, because I only had 3 hours of interrupted sleep the night before. My roommate's friend came looking for her at our apartment at 4am and she wasn't there! He was drunk, his ride had abandoned him on our front porch, and he wanted to know if he could share my bed . . . you know, because of his bad back. Mmhmm. How ridiculous.
"Ridiculous" pretty much sums up my life right now. I guess I'll go to bed, I might have to do something tomorrow. This must be what it's like to be retired, minus the arthritis and orthopedic shoes. I'm not gonna lie, though, I could really use those shoes right now.
1 comment:
Yay for leaving again on Wednesday! So excited :)
It's good that you're excited about the people (me!) and not the place... or this could be a disappointing weekend.
Post a Comment