I guess it's time to start a real blog. I'm not really sure why, exactly, except that it makes more sense than blogging on myspace. Maybe if I have a specific site for this stuff, I'll post things more often. Writing with an actual pen and paper is old school, I suppose, and much too private by today's standards.
On some level, Big Brother really is watching us, and it doesn't even phase us anymore--in fact, we almost welcome the intrusion. We allow video cameras to tape us shopping, walking down the street, driving our cars, and even standing in our own front yards. Some of us even take it a step further and record our lives on web cams or reality tv...or write almost anything in a fairly public blog. Am I caught up in the trend, too, or is this actually becoming a way of life? Expose yourself before someone else tries to do it for you? I can't be sure.
In an increasingly globalized society, though, we voluntarily give up our privacy for the sake of "security," and ironically, it seems to have the opposite effect. Nevertheless, here I am. Of course, I am not going to tell you my last name or how to find me (hopefully if you're reading this you already know), but I do plan on revealing something potentially more sacred--a sample of my thoughts and occasionally my activities, what makes me tick. I realize it's awfully presumptive to think that you care to hear it, but I'm throwing it out there anyway. You can throw it right back...or report it to your local authorities. Hello vast, faceless cyberspace! I think Big Brother has been expecting me...
No comments:
Post a Comment