Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Turning my luck around

Maybe my luck is finally changing! I won a gas card at the Maryville alumni thing last weekend (they gave out 4)--a small victory, but every little bit helps. Lately I've been kind of concerned about how I have been entering raffles and they haven't been picking my name, because that is pretty unusual. I mean, I haven't won anything since March! Yes, of this year....I know, some people never win anything, but my family and I just do. We've gotten used to it. (One of my cousins calls us the "Cheatin' Wieses.") My dad and sister each won tickets to the Rams and Cardinals games in the past few weeks, and I figured it was my turn to win something. I don't know how much this gas card is worth, but I know I will definitely use it.

The funny thing is, I had a strong feeling that they were going to pick my name at the next drawing. I left about 15 minutes before it, but I almost stayed just to find out if I was right. Sure enough, that's when they called it. Things like that happen too often to mention without sounding like a crazy person, but trust me, I regularly have premonitions. I attribute it to an unusually strong intuition. Unfortunately, I can't control what it picks up--it might be something as trivial as an email or as important as a death. I just never know if I'm right until it actually happens, and I still don't trust it enough to tell people about it until later, if at all. By now I should definitely stop second guessing my hunches, but it's so much easier to ignore them and let my head take the lead. My intuition often knows what's best before my head figures it out, though.

1 comment:

crazywriter84 said...

You do often win things. And gas cards are fantastic. Maybe everything will start to make that much sense now.