Sunday, September 21, 2008

Keep on keepin' on

I played taiko without my hand brace today, for the first time in over 5 weeks! My hand doesn't feel quite right yet, but it doesn't hurt. I used the lighter bachi (sticks), anyway. Playing taiko again put me in a great mood. On top of that, they played the "Cupid Shuffle" right afterwards. There's a dance that goes with it that is so much fun! (I learned that dance on Beale Street in Memphis.) I didn't even care that I was the only one dancing to it for the first half of the song (behind the stage, but still). I was not drunk, just high on life. Ha, it was magical. :) I've been in a funk lately and I needed that pick-me-up. Hopefully this mood will carry into the week.

My life is in a holding pattern, but I refuse to just sit back and wait for things to get better. I can only do so much to fix my circumstances right now, but I have to make the best of what I have and am looking for tangible ways to improve it. For starters, I am making the room at my aunt's house my own by painting the walls and putting up my decorations. This week, I am starting flamenco lessons and will hopefully set up a schedule to volunteer at the St. Louis Crisis Nursery, since dance and kids are the two things that always cheer me up. That will help me occupy my days, and friends and taiko will continue to keep me busy most nights.

It feels good to reconnect with people that I lost touch with or that I just didn't get to see as much as I wanted to, and opportunities to hang out with them are popping up all over the place. Sarah (college roommate of 3 years) is even visiting this weekend, so I'm looking forward to that! Plus, I have been going out and unintentionally meeting some interesting new prospects; however, I'm not sure what to do about them yet. I mean, I am single...maybe, kind of. Ha! It's complicated, but I'm sure I'm overthinking it. I think the answer will come when I decide to really think less and feel more. We'll see. All things considered, I guess things aren't so bad. They could be worse. I just have to keep on keepin' on.

1 comment:

crazywriter84 said...

1) Yay for not wearing the brace! Sounds like you needed to get back to drumming.

2) We should talk about this "I'm single" thing...