The weather has been beautiful lately and it might finally be safe to say that it's springtime. I just brought some of my Spring clothes and shoes up from basement storage and I'm planning on replacing those things with sweaters and boots. I don't have a ton of clothes, but I do have a small closet. I've been waiting for the right time to update it. I should probably go through some of that stuff and donate it, since I haven't really done that in a while.
The only bad thing about Spring is...well, there are a few, but the worst thing about it is all the bugs. I saw one in my house the other day, but I didn't do anything about it. It was the first one I've seen here ever, so it threw me off guard. Also, when I came home the other night, there were probably 10 june bugs scattered on the porch and a couple on the outside door frame. 10! I'm not kidding. I attempted to come in through the back door, bug-free because the porch light was off, but the lock was stuck. I eventually made it in the front door, but it took some courage. Flying june bugs are especially terrifying! Now that I don't have a roommate to kill bugs for me, I should invest in some bug spray. Maybe they can pick up the bug carcasses for old times' sake, because Lord knows I'm not doing that. I'm not sure which is worse--alive bugs in my house that I can't find or dead bugs that I can.
I also forgot about what Spring does to my hair. I usually give up on keeping it straight after a month or so of fighting the humidity. I'm not quite ready for that yet, though. I might experiment with my naturally wavy/curly hair for a day or two per week, but straight hair is so much easier to control. Well, at least until this time of year. Boo.
I'm not really complaining, though. I'm glad this weather is finally here to stay, at least for a few weeks. I'll trade bugs and humidity for bitter cold any day...um, as long as the bugs stay far away from me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment