Fleeting thoughts
- I'm watching "Ghost Hunters" right now. Haven't seen it in a while, but it just reminded me that one of these days, I am going on a "Haunted Tour of Alton." It's one of the most haunted little cities in the world, you know.
- My car is so smart! I've had it for a year and a half, and I just realized that the windshield wipers slow down when my car is stopped. They know they don't have to work as hard when I'm at a stoplight. Maybe all cars are designed that way, but I never noticed it before.
- The pope recently announced that condoms could make the fight against AIDS in Africa worse. Okay sure, I know he's the pope and he has to uphold religious dogma, but making a statement like that is just dangerous, not to mention wrong. It places religious dogma over the lives of Africans. In another address to bishops from African countries, he said: "The traditional teaching of the church has proven to be the only failsafe way to prevent the spread of HIV/Aids." I don't even know what that means, exactly. The only way to be AIDS-free is by...not having sex outside of marriage? By not using contraception? Can you tell I'm really losing patience with Catholicism (that may be an understatement)?
- Sarah (roommate of 3 years in college) is getting married next May, and I'm her maid of honor! Yay! I'm excited about everything except giving the toast, and the dress looks like it will be gorgeous already! I just hope I don't cry at the wedding (or reception, for that matter). Well okay, I'm sure I'll at least tear up at the wedding, but no full on crying. I hope. ;)
- I might become a dance teacher very soon! The cousin of someone I work with started a dance studio a year ago and could use some help, so I'm checking out the studio this weekend. I might just start taking some adult classes at first to get a feel for it again, but the owner is already willing to pay me to help. Pay me to teach dance to kids? That's amazing.
- I worked through lunch the other day, and I am oddly happy with that. At least it means that I'm not bored. I don't like to do that all the time, but when it happens every once in a while, it makes me feel more productive.
- Okay back to the show, maybe also the last disk of The Office, season 4. I'll catch up eventually...
No comments:
Post a Comment