I have successfully made it through 4 days of work--in a row! Ugh. I know, right? Plus, I still have one more to go! Okay, so this is what "regular" people do on a regular basis, but I'm still easing my way back into it. I mean, I haven't worked a full week since June of 2008 (more like May, since that one week in June was spent tying up loose ends and saying goodbye). I definitely took advantage of my shortened work week in 2009, so I have no regrets there. A full week isn't that bad (I guess), anyway. I was just spoiled by the short week. At least I am working a normal "9-5" job this time, instead of a "9-whenever the project is finished" job. Also, the extra money will come in handy. I caught the tail end of Office Space yesterday, and this quote caught my attention: "Most people don't like their jobs. But you go out there and find something that makes you happy." Word. It's not even that I don't like my job, necessarily, but I can't really say I like it all that much, either. I'm not really complaining, honestly. It's work.
You know what is making me happy at this very moment (or like, 5 minutes ago)? My new ipod touch! I exchanged the regular ipod that Joel got me for the ipod touch, a case and a warranty (with a tinge of guilt still). It ended up being an equal exchange. Now I have an ipod with wi-fi and games! I have an application for restaurants, movie times, radio, fmylife, air hockey, simon, guitar hero...the list goes on. I LOVE it. I really just need it to play music, but the fact that it can do those other things are very attractive bonuses. It's basically the iphone without the phone and monthly payments. I always thought the iphone was more than I needed, anyway, because I really just want to use my phone to call and text people. Apparently, though, I want an ipod that can do just about everything else. Oh well, Apple has seduced me once again. The upgrade actually makes up for the whole car break-in thing, I think. Yay Joel! I just bought a new cable to plug the ipod into my car, too, so I'm all set.
I have been especially sentimental and appreciative lately. I'm on the verge of crying happy tears like every other night, for various tiny reasons. It's just that my life finally feels like it's on the right track again and it's safe to form a slightly more solid idea of the future. I have more confidence and energy at work and at play. Something is definitely different. I can't really put my finger on it. It's just...really nice. I kept saying that all these things would work out and it was going to be okay, and I guess this is the point where it actually becomes okay. Of course, it's certainly not over--life will always have good and bad times. I'll worry about the bad when I get to them, but for now, I'm allowing myself to bask in the good.
2 comments:
Yay for new toys. Now don't leave that charger laying around! :P
Sending hugs for your current happy feelings. It's funny, but you really do need to check in with yourself every now and then. ^_^ Not like books that have a "The End" right when everything has gone well, and before the trials of daily life start to get to the heros again. ;)
If I sound a little confusing, it's because I have a child hanging on me. :P A little distracting. :)
Hooray for one full week down! And for things finally going just right.
Post a Comment