Sunday, January 17, 2010

Myspace blog-September 2007

Easily Amused
September 22, 2007

Yay procrastination!

Your Superpower Should Be Mind Reading

You are brilliant, insightful, and intuitive.

You understand people better than they would like to be understood.

Highly sensitive, you are good at putting together seemingly irrelevant details.

You figure out what's going on before anyone knows that anything is going on!


Why you would be a good superhero: You don't care what people think, and you'd do whatever needed to be done


Your biggest problem as a superhero: Feeling even more isolated than you do now


What's Your Love Style?
The Woman Who Doesn't Need People (Much)

She's the type who likes time alone to seek out her own interests and hang out with friends. To someone enmeshed in this love style, romance has a place, an important one, but it's not the be-all and end-all of human existence.

Best matchup: Man of Many Interests. You're ice skating with the girls; he's fly fishing with the guys. He doesn't need total togetherness, but the time you spend together is high quality.

Potential pitfall: Trouble can brew if you start taking each other for granted. Keep time together loving and fun. And once in a while, pull out all the stops for romance.

....this is exactly right, for me anyway. I am glad (and a little surprised) that this "style" is even on the list because it seems like so many people are the "joined at the hip" type. A relationship should not BE your life, it should ENHANCE your life (ha, cue "Make Me Better" song). Or is that just me? I decided to post in case anyone else can relate.



September 10, 2007

The more I think about it, the more I realize that in most cases it is completely unnecessary and ridiculous to keep good thoughts and feelings inside. I mean, have you ever honestly felt bad after speaking from your heart and getting things out in the open; likewise, have you ever regretted hearing someone open up to you? I don't think you can or should ever feel bad about tactfully speaking your truth, and if someone else can't handle what you have to say, they are immature and not worth your time, anyway. At the very least they should appreciate your honesty. I love those heart-to-heart conversations, and I know I regret the things I kept to myself more than anything I said out loud.

No comments: