April 28, 2008
- What if the Burger King commercials with The (stalker) King are actually previews for the next big horror film?
- Why is the Subway "$5 Footlong" song so obnoxiously catchy and unavoidable?
- I apparently make a great substitute girlfriend or wife at parties or work functions; however, I do not make a great sugar substitute in your coffee. *eye roll*
- Maybe I should at least start giving guys points for creativity.
- I've noticed that without fail, I go for blond guys when I just want to have fun and brunettes when I'm considering something more serious. I wonder if that's a subconscious bias or if the blonds I meet really are more fun. Maybe they just seem like more of a novelty.
- Kangaroos in Australia roam around like deer in America?! We should trade, deer are boring.
- "What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?" - Mahatma Gandhi
- Those "W '04" stickers on cars used to get under my skin, but now I find them amusing. They are like scarlet letters--those people have to announce their bad decision to the world every day! I laugh to keep from crying. :)
- "In my more than three decades in the government, I've never witnessed such restrictions on the ability of scientists to communicate with the public." - Hansen, government scientist and leading researcher on global warming, in March 2006. Welcome back to the dark ages...
- I think today's economic recession (or "slow down," as the government likes to spin it) is essentially the result of a society that looked away and let incompetent leaders go unchecked until it was too late.
- The current presidential race is exposing a surprising amount of racial and gender divides in this "developed" country. I am especially disappointed in the news media for reinforcing the idea that petty, superficial prejudices and issues are more important than actual substance, such as the candidates' stance on real issues. I believe this phenomena is known as "The Paris Hilton Effect."
- Everyone has a wild side, but not everyone needs to know about it.
- The only one that deserves you is the one that thinks he doesn't.
- Materialism does not breed a culture of altruism.
- The real measure of your wealth is how much you'd be worth if you lost all your money.
No comments:
Post a Comment