I think I'm just going to celebrate everything from now until my birthday on August 19, because summer is a good time to celebrate everything and there's a lot going on. Most notably, all the cool kids have birthdays during this time, so it's the perfect excuse (okay, there are some stragglers in September. I didn't forget about you). Also, it's just a good time to skip work and do some traveling. I'm warming up with a road trip to Kansas City this weekend and then, of course, Japan is only 3 weeks away!
The party started last Friday and hopes to continue until at least Monday of next week. :) Friday's concert was great and Saturday Joel and I took an impromptu trip to a couple Augusta wineries. (We were both off work in the daytime for once!) Sitting on those scenic patios, listening to music, eating, drinking, and talking is always nice. I always seem to have relatively revealing conversations on winery tours, not surprisingly. I would be fairly open to talking about whatever when I'm sober, too, depending on the person, because I will pretty much have to tell the truth, by default. I am a terrible liar and not good at being phony.
The rain stayed away, too, just long enough for the fireworks show in Florissant. Sunday I posted pictures on facebook from last year's Australia/New Zealand/Hawaii trip (only a year late), had dinner with my family, and caught up with Melissa. I also came across some old childhood polaroids taken at Halloween and birthday parties. Maybe I'll post some of them on facebook, because they crack me up. I forgot that I used to strike a pose or present something like Vanna White in all of my pictures. Just standing there and smiling was so boooring. I should start doing that again.
The only bad part of the whole weekend was that...well, I forgot to close the moon roof on Friday night. And it proceeded to rain for several hours straight. Into my car. Of course, I didn't know about it until the following afternoon when I was going to leave, and by then it had stopped raining. Yeah. The front seats, the roof, and the cup holders were completely soaked. I had always been so good about closing that roof, but I assumed sooner or later that was going to happen. It seems pretty dry at this point, but I don't know for sure.
Tonight I caught up with a friend at happy hour and it turned into a comedy show at The Funny Bone with some good ol' truck drivers from Kansas City (that we met at happy hour). All the comedians were surprisingly funny and I don't think that's the beer talking. The truck drivers were also amusing, and I didn't even notice until we were leaving that one of them was wearing a confederate flag handkerchief on his head. They were relatively polite, too, and as long as they stayed a few feet away from me at all times, they were okay. I mean, I would have rather just spent time with my friend, but whatever. Slightly annoying, but relatively harmless.
Tuesday and Thursday I should probably go back to practice, Wednesday is the No Doubt concert (yay!), Friday is Joels' birthday/gig and my aunt is in from California, and Saturday-Monday is a concert and fun in Kansas City. I'm already exhausted, but in a good way. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment