I still don't have plans for tomorrow night. Hmm...Ice skating? Movie? Ooh! I should go see Laura's play! Hopefully I can convince someone to go with me. That's what facebook is for...
Well, in theory. See, I made this "chocolate wine trail" event forever ago and only one person signed up on time. I told people (not just on facebook) that tickets sell out fast and you have to buy them online, and still almost everyone that was interested did not attempt to buy a ticket until last week...after they were sold out. I'm bummed because now I'm tagging along with someone else's group of friends and driving by myself, on top of that. I've met them before and they are cool people, but I don't really hang out with them. Oh well, I guess. I'll still get chocolate and wine, and I'll buy a new bottle of wine. Oh wait! I just found out tonight that this person might know someone that wants to buy my ticket...Maybe my schedule just opened up for Saturday.
[Commercial break: There are taiko drums on Jay Leno! They're playing background beats for this Bollywood dance thing. Weird, but also cool. I smell a collaboration. Actually, even weirder, I read today that Bollywood dance classes in the U.S. are becoming the new craze. I don't think I'll be trying that, though, believe it or not.]
On the other hand, facebook events did come in handy for Sunday's Maryland Heights taiko performance. It helps that it's sort of a central location, too, and it's also our second-largest local (open) performance of the year. I invited a ton of people and at least 7 friends are coming, plus my family. Some of these people have either never seen a performance or haven't seen one since my very first show (one song) there 2 years ago. Yeah, it's been 2 years! I've learned a lot since then and I'm pretty excited about some of the parts that I get to play in the set. I don't even mind if people I know see it anymore, either, as long as I don't see them in the audience. It should be a good show!
No comments:
Post a Comment