Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Brain leak

I can't think of anything specific that I want to write right now, but I feel like writing something. Sometimes it's fun to just mention a few random things I've been thinking about lately. Hold on to your hats, here we go:
  • I love the fact that I see or talk to a couple of my friends on the same day (usually) every week. Life gets so busy that I need that weekly routine to make sure we stay connected. I certainly don't mean to lose touch with my good friends, but I think sometimes we get wrapped up in other things that we accidentally forget. Things seem to change nearly every week, so it's a great way for all of us to keep up-to-date. That's partially why I blog, too. (Special shout-out to Melissa! I need to call you.)
  • I'm back on my Myers-Briggs psychology kick. I know, I was just there like 6 months ago, but something sparked my interest again. I'm thinking about how I seem to know a lot about other people, but they generally don't know much about me. Why is that? Well, I'll blame it on my INFJ-ness. Sometimes it's called the "Counselor," which seems to fit pretty well. It also helps explain my borderline hippie and psychic ways, as well as...well, all kinds of previously perplexing things. I'm fairly balanced between the T/F and J/P parts, but INFJ seems to be the most accurate combination for me. It's the rarest of the 16 types, too. Ha, shocking. It's fun to figure out everyone elses' combinations and how they interact, also--Introvert/Extravert, Sensing/Intuition, Thinking/Feeling, Judging/Perceiving?! This could hold my attention for hours on end, which seems to confirm my supposed "human system builder" tendency. Find out what you are (or maybe I'll guess)! These are the options and the breakdown in the population, if anyone's interested:
  • Okay, so the BK Burger Shots commercial is really stupid, but I still find it somewhat appealing. It's probably because I am overly attracted to "adorable" mini versions of products and packaging, as well. Burger King commercials do occasionally get on my bad side, though, but not as much as Hardee's. Watching people slobber all over a thickburger will never be appetizing; however, I don't hate the current Hardee's commercial (guy plays dead with the marinara sauce because the mafia is coming for him), which indicates some improvement.
  • I'm trying not to worry about my grandpa's heart issues. He's had some scares before, but he might not be okay this time. We have seen this coming for a while, though, and it's sad to see him the way he is now. I'm glad he's at St. Mary's Hospital and not DePaul. Hopefully, he will get to at least go home soon. (I went to a "theology at the bottleworks" thing again last week (Schlafly) and the topic was euthenasia. It brought back memories of my grandma's last day at DePaul that I guess I had buried. We probably could have sued.)
  • I am so conflicted. Again. This time about work. Sent my resume today and I'm trying to convince myself not to think about it. I mean, maybe I won't even have to worry about it. The whole thing makes me recoil a little, anyway, as it should.
  • Valentine's Day is actually Feb. 27 this year. Who knew?
  • My sister is a nun in "Sound of Music," and I'm going to see it tomorrow. I am sure this is the first and last time I will ever see that.
  • Susan turns 6 1/4 this weekend (leap year baby), which is a great excuse to go to the Chocolate Bar! Yum! I should continue this trend of planning every weekend around chocolate...

1 comment:

crazywriter84 said...

Yes blogs are good for keeping others updated without calling everyone every day. I would go nuts! But you do need to call.

And what's this about Valentine's Day? Think I can get more flowers? I just had to get rid of mine last night :(