My sister performed her step routine tonight, as part of the Outstanding Black Achievers (OBA) show. Yes, my sister is an outstanding black achiever, and I think that's pretty awesome. :) I don't know where this innate, uh, "black"ness (?) comes from, but I have a knack for hip hop and she can do step...I guess it's a combination of rhythm and attitude, plus an ability to stay grounded when we move. My mom can dance (dad? eh, sort of), though, and my grandpa used to be a ballroom dance teacher, which cracks me up. You would never guess it by looking at him. He's still in great shape, especially for his age (92), but also extremely laid-back and stoic. In fact, he didn't even mention the teacher thing to my mom until he was like 85. He did it to meet girls, and sure enough, he met my grandma at a dance. Aww, how cute is that?
If you don't know what step is, here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JR3y2sigd6Y. I should be posting my sister's on facebook sort of soon, once I figure it out. She was disappointed because this year's routine didn't seem as complicated as last year's, but I think it still looks pretty difficult. She used to make up stuff like that in the kitchen when she was little and then she would teach me. They don't call us "Weezy" for nothing (Translation for the uncool. I've never heard of #3, though. Also check out "weezie." lol)
I'm so glad it's the weekend. This has been a long week and I just don't feel like going into the details of the work situation right now. The weekend might be crazy, too, but mostly the good kind of crazy: taiko performance tomorrow afternoon, friend's birthday festivities at night, then freelance design stuff in the daytime on Saturday and Sunday, I think. I should clean my room and things like that, too, but I'm not sure if I will. Distractions are more fun. Yay for blogging!
No comments:
Post a Comment