Wednesday, January 28, 2009

George W. Bush Tribute

Oh, I couldn't let Bush leave without at least a farewell tribute. I just happened to find the following videos. After this I will let it go, though, since I won't have to hear or see him anymore. It will be nice to have a President that speaks to us like we are intelligent adults. You know, maybe in some ways, I will miss this:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOjfxEejS2Y
"I'm sure by now you've all heard what liberal scientists are trying to say...(they're) trying to make me look bad by using such things as 'facts' and 'scientific data.'"

2 comments:

crazywriter84 said...

The majority of Obama's speeches are written at a 2nd grade reading level. This actually indicates that we are not being spoken to as adults. And what's more scary, this is what people need, really simple language, in order to understand. Bush just couldn't speak English at all.

jweezy said...

Haha, that's interesting. Obama does use simple language, but he is still explaining complex ideas. Even ignoring Bush's flubs ("Is our children learning?", etc.), many of his ideas were dumbed down to key words like the "axis of evil," "shock and awe," "wanted dead or alive," "flip-flopper." It was all part of the Bush ideology marketing/brainwashing machine. Sometimes I despise the marketing industry...