Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cool stuff you should know about

-The NY Mets are getting a new stadium this year, so they now have a commemorative patch for their uniforms. Now, I am all for simplicity and I get that it should be subtle, but this is a little ridiculous: http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/2009/01/other-inventive-patches-found-in-mets-brainstorming-lab.html. "Stick hit ball & stuff" was a close second, I think.

-I always wanted to fly, and now I can! I don't think I'm quite this crazy, though: http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1778399&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1%3E

-This is currently my favorite commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg87E1tjTOE. On tv, at the end, the blond guy says "I almost bought a beret!" and the other guy responds "DON'T!"

-St. Luke's Hospital is having a "Day Of Dance" on February 28: http://www.stlukes-stl.com/spirit_of_women/schedule.html! Do you have any idea what this means?!...Uh, it means that I am going to be having a blast while you probably sit at home and pet your cats. I would rather skip the "party dances" and everything before 10am, but otherwise, I'm in. I'll probably end up going by myself and you'll be totally jealous. :-P

-Slumdog Millionare. Go watch it.

-I found out today that in order to actually get that full-time job my supervisor wants to give me, I have to be analyzed and recommended by a psychologist! (I know what you're thinking, and yes this applies to all employees, not just me. :-P) I also have to take two critical thinking tests. Is it weird that I am kind of excited about the whole process?

No comments: