Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Weekend update

I should be packing. Right now I'm in the "throw everything on the floor/bed and consider putting it in a bag" stage. Okay, "everything" is an exaggeration, but try telling that to my messy room. I have one set of clothes figured out and at least a good portion of my toiletries so far, so it's a start. Usually I wait until the last minute, but I already know saving it all for tomorrow is out of the question. Since I'm only bringing a carry on, I have to make sure all the liquids are less than 3oz. I'm not bringing too much, anyway, since I will only be gone a few days.

This is the weekend that I'm going to visit Melissa in Baltimore! This is her final grad school book reading, and I'm pretty excited that I'll finally get to see what she's been working on. Plus, of course, it will be good to see her.

This is also the last weekend I will be able to leave town until the end of June. After this, my Monday dance class will move to Saturday until recital, and I'm pretty sure I have at least one additional thing planned all of those weekends, too. Spring marks the beginning of festival season! I love it.

I feel sort of guilty for skipping some taiko practices, but there are too many fun things going on. Last night Joel took me to the Cardinals game and we ended up on tv (Fox Sports Midwest, wherever they show that)! Like, they zoomed in on us for several seconds. Originally, I thought the camera was focused on his cute cousins in front of us and we happened to be behind them, but it turns out that we were actually the focal point. That strikes me as odd, though, because I thought they pretty much liked to zoom in on either cute kids or attractive girls (often blondes) with minimal clothing, so I'm not sure where we fit in there. Maybe they were trying to decipher my hand gestures. I guess that means the secret's out, though...if, in fact, it was a secret and if, in fact, more than one of my friends or acquaintances watches the game that closely. Ha. Yesterday was also Cinco De Mayo, and I'm considering celebrating the 5th of every month with a gigantic blue margarita from now on. Hey, why not?

What else happened this week? I'm behind on my writing...oh! I finished teaching the dance to my class. Um, yeah. They don't really know it yet, but they at least learned it. We can spend the rest of the month cleaning it up, even if it means stopping my flamenco class in order to have more review time for hip hop class. They'll get it, I think. I hope. They have to...or else! (uh, or else...they won't know it and I'll feel bad. Yeah!).

Oh, I guess I'm not going to Off Broadway tonight. An old Momentum coworker invited me because it's sponsored by them (well, one of their brands), but I feel like I'll barely know anyone there anymore. Besides, I already went to my weekly happy hour event. Actually, these days, every hour that I spend outside of work (dance doesn't count as work) seems to be pretty "happy" (with or without the alcohol). :)

2 comments:

crazywriter84 said...

Yay for me!

And we most likely have any toiletry you need, so don't stress!

Rosie K Ski said...

The hand gesture comment was almost the death of me. I still have giggles, and my children still think I'm insane.

I hope your trip goes smoothly, and that you have a great time!!