Monday, May 11, 2009

Fun things to do this summer

I'm always looking for something fun and different to do around town, and I usually find it. I tend to write ideas down on scrap paper periodically to keep track, but I thought I'd just try to collect my thoughts in one place, right here. There's nothing wrong with the typical bar and music scene, but these things will break you out of your routine. "There's nothing to do" is no excuse, you just don't know where to look! This should get you through July, anyway. ;) Feel free to consult the list and let me know if you're interested in going with me--if I'm not already there, I'll probably want to go (time is the only issue...). Oh yeah, did I mention these things are all either free or $10 at most? Bonus. Here we go:

Outdoor Concerts and Festivals
  • Belleville Art on the Square (this weekend)
  • Spring To Dance Festival: May 21-23 at the Touhill (inside, but whatever)
  • Rib America: May 22-24 (Third Eye Blind on Sunday!!)
  • Fabulous Fridays (jugglers, fire dancers, guitarists, etc. on the street): starts May 15, 5-10pm, Central West End
  • Clayton's "Parties In The Park:" third Wed. of the month
  • Shakespeare In The Park: May 20-June 14, 8pm except on Tuesdays
  • Jungle Boogie Friday Night Concert Series: 5-8pm at the zoo, starts on May 22
  • Twilight Tuesdays: free concerts outside the history museum, 6:30pm until May 26
  • Whitaker Music Festival: free concert on Wednesdays (June-July) at MO Botanical Garden, 7:30pm
  • St. Louis Brewers Heritage Festival: June 5 & 6 (new addition, and ok this one is $30 before June 4)
  • RFT Music Showcase: June 7, 1pm-midnight, various places in The Loop
  • "Live On The Levee:" weekends July 3-Aug. 1
  • Soulard Bastille Days Festival, July 17-19
  • "Girls Night Out" at Third Degree Glass Factory (how fun is that?!)
Spring/Summer Activities
All Year Round
  • Funny Bone (Westport)
  • Mini golf (blacklight mini golf? St. Louis Mills)
  • Ice/Roller Skating
  • Archery/Canoeing at Creve Coeur Park
  • Art Museum
  • Horseback riding
  • Theology at the Bottleworks (Schlafly), third Wed. of the month
  • Jive & Wail (6-8 on Fridays in June, FREE beer and no cover)
  • Third Degree Glass Factory Open House, third Friday of the month
  • Dave & Buster's
  • Laser tag
  • Paintball
  • City Museum
  • Albino Alley Cat Revue
Unfortunately, I can't do it all, but I like to try. This does not even include other concerts and family/friend things I have planned! I have made a hobby out of keeping myself entertained. :)

No comments: