An Iraqi reporter threw his shoes at Bush in a news conference Sunday, after shouting, "This is a gift from the Iraqis, this is the farewell kiss, you dog!....This is from the widows, the orphans and those who were killed in Iraq!" (Throwing/hitting things with shoes is a sign of contempt in Iraqi culture.)
In case you haven't seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kELXEA7CoRE. Good reflexes! I'm actually glad the shoes didn't hit Bush, but I can't blame the guy that threw them. Bizarre, yet almost appropriate. I mean, throwing shoes is just a step above peaceful protest, anyway. Now we can all get in on it, too! sockandawe.com (Forty-six million hits and counting, but I can't seem to get above an 11!)
The Bush administration has been a bad joke, anyway. I have to admit, I'm fairly content that I get to watch Bush dodge shoes in his final days, both in real life and in a popular computer game. Fairwell, indeed.
And who throws a shoe, honestly?
No comments:
Post a Comment