Well, so much for that disappointing "blizzard." I was ready to be snowed in, and it wasn't even enough to keep me at home on Tuesday. It was barely doing anything in the morning, and even the ride home at 2:30 wasn't that bad. The hardest part was getting in the driveway. Because of the hype, I was one of only 5 people in the office and I drove the farthest. I got there before the two people that walked there! It was a productive day, too. I spent half the day brainstorming for the Alamo rental cars pitch, which was fun. Hopefully, I'll get more opportunities to brainstorm from now on.
It was an eventful week, in general. I hope the groundhog is right. I like snow and all, but I'm ready for Spring! Speaking of made-up predictions, I was just reading about this Year of the Rabbit, and I think this is solid advice (for any year): "This year you've been gifted with solid intuition, so use it. Date lots. Play the field. Wait for the right person to walk into your life. There will be tons of takers, but the perfect one might not come along at first. You'll probably have to sit back a while, but don't give up. Remember that saying: Good things come to those who wait. That should be your motto for the next 12 months." Points already acknowledged—embraced, even. The fun has begun, and I don't even mean that sarcastically (yet?)! It also said that last year was "quite a torrid affair—full of tumultuous mood swings, lots of hard work and over-the-top passionate adventures." Ha, don't remind me. Maybe there's something to it, after all. ;)
In case you were wondering about my thoughts on the Super Bowl ads (and even if you weren't), I have to say that while I wasn't that impressed, at least I wasn't insulted like I was last year. Remember last year? The common theme seemed to be that women were emasculating men, and men had to take back control from all of these overbearing women! Why isolate half of your audience like that? Part of the reason I love the Old Spice Guy ad so much is because it's a "manly man" ad that actually caters to women, statistically the primary purchasers, anyway.
Oh yeah, this year....my favorite was the VW ad with the Star Wars kid, and I'm not even a Star Wars fan. My second favorite would probably be the PepsiMax date ad, followed by the Carmax ad (with the "kid in the candy store" trail). As a side note, I'm not in the music business or anything, but aside from the Tron and Usher dances, I thought the halftime show sucked. I've never been a fan of the Black Eyed Peas, though. Will.I.Am is my favorite, if only because I think he has a clever name. Fergie has always struck me as...gross, though. I don't know how to put it any nicer than that. If the Super Bowl is going to skew to a younger audience again, they should go with Beyonce, or Rihanna, or even Taylor Swift, as much as I hate to say it. Did you hear she sold out both shows at Scottrade?! Wtf? While I'm rambling, I might as well add that I feel bad for Christina Aguilera. I think she really did get lost in the moment and that she does know the words. And that she's never been as gross or as "dirrty" as Fergie, even in the "X-tina" days. The National Anthem kind of reminded me of this, though, and I think that makes it better.
p.s. Lol, I just looked at my review from last year. At least I'm consistent (and learned that "overbearing" does not have a hyphen)!
1 comment:
I loved the Star Wars kid but mostly the ads were disappointing. Maybe b/c I'm not a 20-something male?
Post a Comment