I should be prepared for work tomorrow. I have the files, bread, milk and...OH MY GOD, I AM OUT OF EGGS! Wait, I only buy eggs like three times a year. It just seems like I'm supposed to have some, now that they're selling out everywhere. What is the deal with buying out the bread, milk, and eggs, anyway? Yeah, those are staples, but we're only going to be snowed in for maybe two days. I think we would survive regardless. Even though I haven't been grocery shopping in weeks, I am steering clear of the store.
It could be nice to work from home tomorrow, if I can swing it. Of course, I have three meetings and three deadlines to work with, so I'm not sure it's worth the extra effort to check-in and make sure I have everything at home. The project I'm working on is crazy enough without bad weather problems. The good thing is, I still enjoy it. This is an exciting week, too, because the writer who has been part-time for months started full-time today. I consider her a friend (and a dancer friend at that), so I'm looking forward to keeping her around. I feel like they put a lot of emphasis on finding the right fit and the right personality for the company, so we work well together. It just occurred to me that many of them remind me of my cousins, and I like (most of) my cousins. I also recently realized that I'm the cool-headed, organized designer that really listens more than I talk, and I balance out the guy who is the opposite of those things. It's kind of funny.
There are other funny things going on outside of work--funny in an amusing and laughable sort of way. I'm not going to go spreading it around the internet...to all 5 of you, so just trust me on this one. And from now on, I'm going to trust myself. How about that?
1 comment:
Thanks to Matt's comments, I assume people make a lot of French Toast during blizzards.
Post a Comment