I skipped taiko tonight because I'm not in the next two performances and it's probably too late for me to be correcting details, anyway. I wanted to see what magical wonders could await me on a Tuesday night. I found a season 1 marathon of The Office! Either I completely missed that season somehow or I have a terrible memory, so I was content. I could have also found laundry and grocery shopping if I looked hard enough, but maybe I'll have to find that on Thursday. Instead, I opted for talking on the phone, getting things ready to mail, and voting. (The St. Ann government was becoming a "friends only" club.) I also started reading The Alchemist. I don't really know what it's about, but it's been translated into so many languages and so many people have read it that it must be something worth reading. Plus, I took a silly "What Literary Character Are You?" quiz once and it said I was the alchemist, so I want to know what that means. I think it's about following your dreams, which may or may not be a depressing concept already. Eh, not really. I mean, Italy is one of those dreams and that's happening soon. It's hard to even decide what my dream job would be. It would probably involve travel and some form of art, though. Ooh, I want Samantha Brown's job, only I would write about it and take pictures instead of videotaping it.
That reminds me, the other day my sister said her dream would be to go to college at Disney World. Well, dressing up as a Disney princess at the park is truly her dream, but alas, she exceeds the height requirement. (Heh, I told her it's good to have goals.) She still acts like she's a princess. Apparently, Disneyworld does have a real college with real majors, though. Working at the park helps pay for your tuition, too. That sounds like my worst nightmare.
...I spoke too soon. That bug I just saw in my house is worse! Of course, it's still here somewhere because I couldn't get close enough to actually do anything with it or to it. Now I have to walk around my house like a ninja, always on the lookout for any sudden moves. I just remembered what I hate about Spring--bugs and frizzy hair. Someone save me!
1 comment:
I am surprised that you don't have an exterminator on speed dial. Call one and tell him to spray your house until you can see it from space. ^_^ (Then eat out for a week at least.)
I've never read The Alchemist, either. Hmm... 8)
Post a Comment