This would be funnier if it wasn't painfully true. Taiko is the worst offender, which is why I don't like to spend time on anything for them. I just can't motivate myself to do thoughtful work for people that (in general) think they know better than I do (uh, sorry). At least the clients at an ad agency have some marketing or branding background.
You know when I do my best work? When the client trusts me to do my job. At my current job (and my past one, minus the jerk in Chicago), I work with people that tell me that they trust me and then actually do. A group of people that I'm working with on a project told me that yesterday, actually. :) I am a one woman design studio--not only a designer, but also an illustrator, editor, project manager, and production artist. I would prefer to work in a creative environment surrounded by creatives, and I probably will again someday, but this has given me a chance to broaden my experience. I'll let you know soon if I pass Monday's crazy test!
No comments:
Post a Comment