Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Look! A distraction!

Oh what a day, or rather, couple of days. I'll leave it at that. I did, however, get my hair cut, my car washed, my paycheck, and a much needed happy hour with a good friend today (it still classifies as "happy hour" at 3:45 if you're a rebel), all things that had not happened in entirely too long. It almost seems like I couldn't have time for a bad day with all of that, huh? Dead wrong, which also happens to be a song by The Fray, a band who has been in heavy rotation on my ipod recently. Their newest cd is the soundtrack to my life sometimes (minus one or two songs). How did they know? My favorites are "Say When," "Happiness," and the one below, but they all have something meaningful to say.



Lyrics | The Fray lyrics - Never Say Never lyrics

Eh, I'll add some good parts from the other songs I mentioned, too. Music is my poetry:

Say When
Come across you lost and broken
You're coming to but you're slow in waking
You start to shake
You still haven't spoken, what happened
They're coming back and you just dont know when
You want to cry but there's nothing comin'
They're gonna push until you give in, say when


Maybe god can be on both sides
Of the gun never understood why
Some of us never get it so good, so good
Some of this was here before us
All of this will go after us
Never stops until we give in, give in


Happiness
Happiness damn near destroys you
Breaks your faith to pieces on the floor
So you tell yourself, that’s enough for now
Happiness has a violent roar

Happiness is like the old man told me
Look for it, but you’ll never find it all
Let it go, live your life and leave it
Then one day, wake up and she’ll be home


Look! Another distraction! I can attest to this, because that "I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit" crossed my mind today, followed by "Speeding without the threat of getting a ticket is the biggest perk to being a cop."

No comments: