Well, the last few days didn't go quite as planned, but I'm okay with that. I'm really glad I made cookies for the cookie party on Thursday because even if I had found the time later, I wouldn't have had the motivation. It took longer than I thought, but I also made twice as much as I needed. I tend to do that when I finally get around to baking, but I literally have to schedule time for it or it will never happen. Baking and cooking are for people that are home on a regular basis, I think. My "regular" time at home before 10pm is Saturday and Sunday (daytime) and about every other Wednesday, so...limited. I don't like when someone implies that I can't do it, though; it's just that it's not a priority and so I do other things instead. Did you know that you can keep cookies moist in a container for days just by adding a piece of bread, though? (The bread gets stale but the cookies don't.) I assumed that was common knowledge because I grew up with it, but now I'm second guessing that. It really works, though!
Friday started out well. We made paper weights at Third Degree Glass Factory with work, which brings my glass blowing project count to two paper weights and an ornament. I had a quick lunch in the Loop with Joel after that, since I was close. I had a headache all day, but it was manageable until after lunch. Then, I started feeling especially miserable and actually threw up an hour after I got back to the office! I never get sick like that, so I still don't know if it was because of lunch or actual sickness, but I left work to take a 4 hour nap, anyway. My consistent lack of sleep probably caught up with me. It was really nice to hear an account person say "Your health is more important than work," because when I threw up at Momentum, I went back to work and no one even encouraged me to leave! I left work early at Momentum unexpectedly once because of a work stress-induced migraine (and got sick as soon as I got home), and even then, I felt kind of guilty or like they didn't quite believe me. How crazy is that?!
Later that night, instead of going to the Jorts party, Joel brought me soup and we watched Elf. It was sweet, especially since I was just planning on locking myself away and eating...well, I hadn't thought of that yet. I don't have much here. Elf is one of my favorite movies and it also carries some significance in our relationship, which I had forgotten.
The headache lingered into Saturday, but it was mostly gone by Our Lady of the Snows. I swear it snows every time we're there. On Thanksgiving, my aunt asked us when we were going so she would know when to expect snow! Sure enough, here it is. We saw a lot of accidents on the way home, but we made it back okay. I'm not looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow morning, though. At least I have new tires!
No comments:
Post a Comment