Thursday, October 7, 2010

Long time no write

So much to write, so little time. I spent most of the night baking. I started out with cupcakes (with Halloween sprinkles!) and figured I might as well make chocolate chip cookies while I was at it. By "it," I mean using the oven in any meaningful way. This might not happen again until Christmas! Sure, I'll heat things up or make pasta or whatever, but I'd rather be doing something else. I don't like to spend much time eating (as most people on the Japan trip can attest to), so I really don't want to spend much more time preparing it. I can read and follow directions with the best of them, though, if I have a recipe. (I thought anyone could cook if they had a recipe in front of them, but then someone proved me wrong.) I'm more familiar with baking, which makes sense, since I'm also more familiar with eating things that are baked. Most sweets are still better in batter/dough form. Why don't we just skip the oven entirely?! :)...Oh wait, my stomach is vaguely reminding me of why it's a good idea to let the batter solidify in the oven before I eat it. Still, I have no regrets.

I started all of this nonsense because of a going away pot luck tomorrow. The creative director-- the second in command/basically co-founder of the company/man that interviewed me--is leaving soon. He decided to move to a start-up company, but he's still leaving rather reluctantly. He has spent more time at 4orce than anywhere else, though. It's disappointing because he's a cool guy and I think I could have learned a lot more from him. Hopefully, his replacement will be just as good. The creatives are having a meeting with the CEO tomorrow to talk about next steps, but I have faith that it will turn out okay.

The weekend should be pretty awesome. Tomorrow I might swing by the Science Center for a monthly telescope viewing and then I'm going to a midnight showing of The Room, which has been called the "Citizen Kane of bad movies." I'm hoping it will be so bad that it's good, like Superfun Yeah Yeah Rocketship. I saw him for the first time last night and WOW. He wasn't dressed as a furry then, but it was still hard to look away. It was really terrible and ridiculous and fantastic all at once. Ha, check out the quotes on his facebook page.

I'm looking forward to some more avant-garde events at Atomic Cowboy in the next few days, too. The first is an "Acrobatic Pole Dancing Extravaganza" and the second is a "Bike-In Movie" showing Zombieland. The pole dancing show is actually my idea. I've never been to a strip club, but I've seen pole dancing at artsy events and I think it's pretty cool. There's usually some burlesque sprinkled in, too. Note that in burlesque, they leave something to the imagination and add some class and even talent to taking off most (but not all) of their clothes. I approve...not that anyone needed my approval. Plus, it's something different, which is usually part of my goal when I go out. The Bike-In Movie is exactly as it sounds.

I'm also going to continue to piece together my Halloween costume. I'm going as Morticia from the Addams Family and Joel will be Gomez! Oddly enough, my mom already had the perfect wig in our Halloween stash, so the hardest part will be altering a dress to fit properly. It would be a lot easier with a sewing machine...

I still have much more to say, but sleep will not allow it. I shouldn't wait this long to update my blog! I'm sure you've all been on the edge of your seats just waiting for a post. ;)

No comments: