Tuesday, October 26, 2010

We're creepy and we're kooky

I'm glad I bowed out of tonight's last-minute taiko performance because it gave me time to finish my Morticia dress. It's pretty impressive that we could pull "Drive" together with such short notice, by the way, but we drilled and critiqued the hell out of that song back in February. I think it paid off!

Anyway, I'm rather proud of my dress. I mean, I altered the entire thing using scissors, duct tape, something called "Stitch Witchery" (thanks Melissa!), and one safety pin. I wish I would have taken a "before" picture because it started as a big, long rectangle dress with a rounded collar. I cut out an entire quarter of it (lengthwise), added it to the bottom and the sleeves, took it in on the sides, turned it into a v-neck and voila! Now it's form-fitting to the point that I have to take small steps when I walk. My thumb has been sort of numb for a day because the fabric was hard to cut, but I'm pretty pleased with the rest of the outcome. I can't help but laugh when I wear it with the wig because I look kind of goth. I can't wait to add the makeup (white base, smoky eyes, red lips)!

Joel is going to be Gomez, so he'll have a pinstripe suit, mustache, cigar, and black hair spray in his hair. To top it off, I will be carrying around a detached, animated hand for our pet Thing! :D We're going to what is supposed to be an epic Halloween party ("Freakfest") on Thursday, hosted by a local video production place in the Orpheum Theater. They have at least one party a year with their clients/coworkers, people in the ad business. Previous parties have included midget wrestling and a live monkey. No, really. This one will have "two Grammy-winning artists" (who knows if it's anyone I've heard of) and a 3D film of some sort.

Speaking of 3D, I just discovered that Tim Burton's next movie will be The Addams Family in 3D! Someone also came out with an Addams Family musical earlier this year. It sounds like they're making a comeback. How random.

Oh, something else that's random: I learned the Thriller dance at Six Flags on Saturday! I can't believe I just learned it. We were trying to beat a record (most people doing the Thriller dance at the same time) and we didn't beat it, but it was still awesome. I love Thriller (it's my ringtone!). And Halloween. And sleeping.

No comments: