I thought this was an interesting article (click the headline), and I totally agree. Simply being alive or pretty or born to a rich family or whatever else doesn't mean you deserve anything by default. I know that's a hard concept for America, in particular, though.
Let's just be honest with ourselves and each other: if you aren't such a great person, why would you automatically "deserve" someone great in return? Why should that person deserve you? We all seem to expect happiness and the best that life can offer, but we also practically expect those things to magically appear next to us on the couch (or in someone else's purse). There's a growing epidemic of entitlement that's only getting worse with the recession.
Does Everyone Really "Deserve" Love And Happiness? | The Frisky
1 comment:
Totally agree. You have to work for everything, whether it be money or love. Nothing is handed to you. And if you suck you certainly don't deserve to have someone love you. Be cooler!
Post a Comment