Friday, August 20, 2010

Revised/updated Bucket List

I wrote this list 2 years ago and the skydiving thing reminded me that I made this list in the first place. I went through and bolded the things that I can cross off and italicized things that are in progress or that I'm deleting. I can cross off more than I thought! Kinda cool.

1. Visit Italy (particularly Rome, Venice, Florence, maybe Milan).

2. See Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and Stonehenge.
3. Explore Bauhaus design and history in Germany.
4. Visit the Louvre, Moulin Rouge, and the Eiffel Tower. (still debating the 2011 trip)
5. Visit New York City during Christmas time.
6. Surf in Hawaii.
7. Road trip without a particular destination in mind.
8. Learn a second language and use it in the country of origin. (eh, I'll count some Italian)
9. Walk the Golden Gate Bridge.
10. Take a bicycle tour or go backpacking somewhere.
11. Ride a donkey to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
12. Take a cruise.
13. See Machu Picchu and Mayan ruins.
14. Visit Dubai.
15. Travel to the 9 U.S. states I have missed (Alaska, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Oregon, Idaho).
16. Immerse myself in the center of a big city for at least two months.
17. Swim with dolphins.
18. Sleep under the stars. (I'm reneging this one because of mosquitoes/bugs! Let's go with "Kiss while gazing at the stars" or something.)
19. Go white water rafting.
20. Go up in a hot-air balloon.
21. Rock climb on actual rocks.
22. Skydive.
23. Exhibit my photography at an art gallery (not a student one).
24. Sing a karaoke song by myself. (times 20!)
25. Compose a taiko song.
26. Minor in dance.
27. Dance or play in the pouring rain.
28. Flash a stranger once, like at Mardi Gras (oh well, why not?).
29. Spend a night in a haunted house.
30. Ride a motorcycle.
31. Ride a jet ski.
32. Ride a horse along a beach.
33. Learn how to golf.
34. Join a bowling league.
35. Protest something important.
36. Smoke weed, just to try it.
37. Learn a new skill at least once a year. (In progress)
38. Shower in a waterfall. (No thanks. Too cold!)
39. Get married.
40. Have a child (or 2).
41. Run for office of some kind (even if it's just alderwoman).
42. Take a sick day when I'm not sick.
43. Serve at a soup kitchen.
44. Fly in a helicopter.
45. Go inside the White House.
46. Teach a dance class.
47. Hang glide.
48. Own a dog.
49. See an active volcano up close.
50. Bust out my real dance moves in a public setting.

2 comments:

Rosie K Ski said...

Re:

no. 11. The Grand Canyon has mules, but no donkeys that I know of, and I'm not sure if they take you all the way to the bottom. You can go over a mile down and have lunch, though. I recommend. Very fun. Bring layers, because it's FREEZING there in the morning with no humidity. By the way, you should camp while you're there. Fever bugs. You could resurect 18. :)

44. Aren't you going to jump out of a helicoptor? (When my friends went it was a helicoptor.) I think it gets italics, if you are.

6. If my cousin who just got married is still working in the tourism industry in Honolulu, I might be able to hook you up for your surfing trip, and maybe the dolphins, as well! ;)

p.s. My security word to verify is chelispa. Is this a real word? If not...it should be. It's ridiculously fun to say. Now I have to go invent something, just so I can name it Chelispa.

Rosie K Ski said...

Oh, ignore me about the helicoptor. I was combining two memories: One of my college buddies telling me all about skydiving, and one of Josh's Marine friends telling me all about skydiving. ;)