Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hunch

There's a website called hunch for people that need help making decisions. You ask it a question and it will narrow you down to some kind of answer. Some of them are just silly, like "Would I win a fight with a bear?" (66% no), but others are surprisingly deep, like "What is the meaning of life?" (1: To Understand Life, 2: Be Nice To People, 3: Joy). Who knew all I had to do was find this website? :P

Actually, I thought this result (1: Deism, 2: Buddhism, 3: Taoism) was especially interesting. The combination of those three would be like my ultimate religion. They don't really contradict each other, either. I already knew that I meshed with Buddhism and Taoism, but I didn't really know much about deism so I looked it up. There a few things I'm not sure about, but it fits pretty well overall. It uses reason to bring people to God instead of mysticism. Oddly enough, I believe in ghosts and things, but I'm not that crazy about including them in religion, for whatever reason. The founding fathers allegedly thought that was the way to go, too. How that got lost in translation I'm not sure, but I'm betting it had something to do with rampant Judeo-Christianity. Oh well, I now can put a name to what I believe: Buddeoism. :)

No comments: