Monday, June 15, 2009

All the single ladies

I feel for the single ladies. One girl will say to another, "Oh, you're so [insert compliment], I can't believe you don't have a boyfriend." It's meant as a compliment, but it seems to imply that they are doing something wrong or that they can't get a boyfriend, when it could just mean that they chose to be that way. I have never said that to anyone in my life, because I get it. I hated trying to explain why I was single, like I needed an excuse. You know what I actually needed? A good match, someone to keep me interested--not just an eligible bachelor. I mean, please....it's better to be single than to be with someone just because they are ready and willing. The latter is just a pathetic waste of time. So stay strong, ladies. Single or taken, your life should not be defined by the addition of someone else.

p.s. Of course, this entry is brought to you by Beyonce (and the letter "I"?) :)

1 comment:

crazywriter84 said...

I'm not single, but I totally understand what you're saying since I was for so long. I've learned that everything you want to happen will as soon as you stop hoping for it.