Thursday, October 2, 2008

You can't run for Dictator

Like I said, I did not see the debate, but I am disturbed by this:

"Palin was asked about Vice President Dick Cheney’s contention that the vice president was a “free agent” unfettered by laws governing either the legislative or executive branches. Palin did not reply directly, saying instead that the Constitution was “flexible,” allowing a McCain-Palin administration to “do whatever we have to do to administer very appropriately the plans for this nation.”

Biden responded heatedly that “the Constitution is very clear.” Under Article I, the vice president is part of the executive branch, he said."

The Constitution still is the law (despite what we've seen the last 8 years), and we absolutely can't afford another administration that claims to be above it! I can't stress that enough. Oh please, America, wake up.

1 comment:

crazywriter84 said...

I only watched about 15-20 minutes while I was waiting for John to finish something so we could watch a movie.

My take is that Palin was dodging questions, always brining up stuff that didn't seem necessary to answer that question and going back to things from other questions that she didn't want to give up on. Biden was full of facts that made him really sound like he knew what he was talking about.

I laughed when she said she was able to fight against big oil companies from getting tax breaks. She already did it in Alaska apparently.