Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Last year, I missed most of October and some of November because I was basically chained to my desk. It recently occured to me that this is the beginning of what I would call "toolkit season" for Kraft. Toolkits stole my soul for a month or two at a time, mostly from about mid-October to February. They are monster projects with hundreds of moving parts and seemingly impossible deadlines, and I was the project manager on all of them for our team. When we accepted the first toolkit project, no one really knew what they were, but by the end, the interactive department and I had streamlined the process. We put together a thorough process packet for the next toolkit team, because I didn't want future teams to go through the hell that I did (I guess sometimes I'm too nice). Maybe by now the leader of the group in Chicago has figured out that sr. art directors and creative directors typically manage those projects on other teams, not junior art directors. Good riddance. Mwahahaaa. (Actually, that experience could get me a job as a junior interactive project manager....)

Anyway, this year I have been trying to take advantage of my freedom to celebrate Halloween, since I kind of missed out on the ghost stories, scary movies, costumes, caramel apples, and candy last year. Chicago inspired my old school gangster/mobster costume for this year. The movie (which I love) was on tv a few times in early October, and it reminded me that I still had a costume from a dance that I did to "All That Jazz." I just added a skirt, fishnets, fedora, machine gun, and cigar! I've worn it a few times already, and it's pretty fun. [EDIT: I can legitimately call myself "Sharky" with this costume!! It can be like my alter ego. Thanks for the reminder, Eddie. ;)]

Halloween has been more of a month than a day this year. I'm going to hand out candy (the kids are so cute in their costumes!) and go to a house party on Halloween, and then I guess it will be over. I'm just hoping for a Hitchcock marathon sometime soon. Oh, and of course, it's not Halloween without (Indian) Thriller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0?! LOL. Happy Halloween!

No comments: