Today has been kind of a downer for various reasons, but this makes me laugh:
"What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it. It's an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again. The tickets are now diamonds!" Ha!
Also, this isn't exactly something that will make you laugh out loud, but I sort of recently discovered these "Tales of Mere Existence" and I like their style. Actually, I particularly agree with that one. This month's topic at Theology at the Bottleworks was "God or No God?" and it was a very open, honest discussion about things like that. I understand the reasons why you might or might not believe in God, and in the end, I think it's a very personal decision that fits that person's needs. Why is there so much fighting over something that no one will be able to truly answer until they die, anyway? God or no God, I think you should be a good person because you want to be one, not because someone/something told you to and you hope you'll be rewarded after it's all over.
Oh yeah, this was supposed to alleviate this emotionally draining weekend/week. Well, I guess that will have to wait until later. For now, sleep will be the solution.
1 comment:
While Old Spice man did make me smile, I still feel emotionally drained.
Post a Comment