Thursday, February 4, 2010

In my head

What is it about today? I've been in some kind of haze or something, just waiting for the day to be over. It's after 11, so after a shower, it will be over. I think I have to clear my head a little first, though. So here it goes:
  • Boyz II Men have a concert here on Valentine's Day! How random and perfect is that? (Um, very.) I loved them back in 6th grade and I went to their outdoor concert in 2008, for old time's sake. I honestly wasn't expecting too much, but it was actually one of the best live shows I've ever seen! (My guy friend was also impressed.) They sang their classics, but they also threw in some old school Motown covers, a capella, and dancing. Plus, they still wore suits in 85 degree weather! It was a classy, professional show and it really showcased their abilities. I think Joel got us tickets today, which is awesome!! I think this makes up for last Valentine's Day already, but I am not going to get into that...
  • Speaking of popular music from the mid-90's, Alanis Morissette has been popping up more than usual lately. I almost totally forgot about her, but I heard "You Oughta Know" twice in two days (first at karaoke, then Beyonce sang it at The Grammys!) and it reminded me that Jagged Little Pill was and still is a good cd. It was my first cd ever (Ace of Base was my first cassette tape) and I finally downloaded it to my itunes today. It's like angst set to pop rock, almost. I went through a phase were I really liked those songs and then a phase were I almost couldn't stand them because I didn't like her voice. Her voice still isn't the greatest, but I like the songs again.
  • Hmm, Boyz II Men and Alanis Morissette? I guess that's a testament to my eclectic tastes. Maybe it's because I didn't really start getting into music until middle school, but I consider that kind of a golden age of my generation's music: Oasis, Nirvana, early Green Day and Weezer, Rage Against The Machine, Smashing Pumpkins, 311, Sublime, TLC, Usher, Blues Traveler...I can still appreciate all of that stuff. Most music after that is basically crap, musically, although I still like it. Something's missing, though....namely, talent, in more cases than anyone would like to admit.
  • Did you know Pringles makes "stix" now? They are not as good as the similar snacks that they had all over Japan, but they're okay. Pringles has American flavors like "pizza" instead of Japanese flavors like...well, "salad." Seriously. I kind of missed them, and I still miss cold soba noodles and those rice pillow thingys (that have a name that I can never remember). Oh! And I especially miss banana chocolate-flavored everything. Japanese meals weren't really my thing, but I was all about the snacks. Basically, I miss Family Mart, the improved Japanese version of 7-Eleven.
  • I'm sorry, but I still don't understand the point of "tweeting." If you want me to update my status that regularly, you need to get a life, and so do I. Just when I thought I couldn't care any less about your tweets, though, Mattel has introduced a way for me to care even less about your dog's tweets! Okay, now I officially don't get it.
  • I'm going to an old coworker's house for Super Bowl and I'm pretty excited! She was the second person I ever met at Momentum. I haven't seen any of those people in a long time, so even though many of them no longer work there, I hope a bunch of them show up to the party.
  • Of course, I have a million other things that I could put here, but it's finally Friday and I need to go to bed! Good night!

No comments: