Sunday, November 30, 2008

On my mind

Sometimes, when I can't settle on one topic, I like to make several mini statements about whatever is on my mind. Observe:

  • I just finished watching "Britney: For The Record," and it was actually pretty interesting. It's basically Britney's motivations over the past few years, in her own words. I know some of those things she brought on herself, but through it all I felt sort of bad for her. She hasn't exactly grown up in a normal environment, and she had to make her mistakes while the whole world watched. What difference does it make to us what she does with her life? Besides, Britney's new song "Womanizer" is one of my favorite songs on the radio right now: "Boy don't try to front, uh, I know just, just, what you are, ah, ah...You got me going. You're oh so charming. But I can't do it. You womanizer." Ladies, you know what she's talking about.
  • Dear MTV: The Britney show was kind of cool, but please stop contaminating our youth with this "Double Shot of Love" (really? another one?) and "The City" (The Hills spin-off) CRAP. I saw the commercials. Admittedly, "The Pick-Up Artist" is good for a laugh occasionally and "America's Best Dance Crew" is awesome, but that does not account for the rest of your programming. How do you still rope me into watching anything on your channel, anyway? I blame my sister.
  • Elf has to be my favorite Christmas movie. One of these years, I am going to be in NYC during Christmas time. New York felt kind of magical in October, but I imagine it's even better in December. I will be sure to visit the places in the movie, too.
  • I have to wear grown-up clothes to work tomorrow, which means no jeans. Apparently wearing jeans is a special privilege in the world of "business casual." Well, at least I'll get some use out of those nice pants that have been collecting dust in my drawer. At Momentum, we called that "laundry day."
  • I am working on some flyers for a guy that releases his third religious cd next week. Wow, what a religious person. I admire that kind of commitment, but it's not really my thing (religion, I mean...well, okay, also commitment). Spirituality seems to be the way to go for me right now.
  • Speaking of commitment, I realized I am more comfortable being a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of girl than a "planner." My idea of plans these days does not extend much beyond the next month or so, mostly the next couple of days. Sure, I still have goals and hopes for the future, but I'm not counting on anything anymore. I suppose that's kind of depressing, but it's all in how you look at it. The only thing we can really count on is change. I say, make the most of what you have while you have it and don't worry too much about the future before it gets here.
  • Life is one big balancing act. Finding that balance is a major stepping stone to happiness.

Word.

No comments: