A random collection of everyday happenings and ideas in my ridiculous life.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Oh the irony
I'm back. Not just back to my blog, but back to a somewhat stable existence. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel . . . and I just hope it's not coming from a train. You can't blame me for being skeptical of actual progress, though. I had been in limbo for months, and within 6 days I bought a new computer, gained a freelance project, found closure at Momentum, reconnected with an old friend, and got a part-time designer job. Even the background check that I had been waiting on for over a month, the one that I needed to volunteer at the St. Louis Crisis Nursery, came through at the same time. I feel like I've just been holding my breath since then, afraid that any good news is just a mirage and that it could vanish at any moment. This new job is scheduled to end January 31, but that's not set in stone. In fact, the past 7 months have taught me, above all, that nothing ever is. I'll take these new opportunities as my cue to pick myself up, dust myself off, and face the world again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment