Saturday, November 28, 2009

Black Friday

I am enjoying the extra-long weekend. Thanksgiving was small (the amount of people, not the food), but it's not actually over until tonight, after we eat with my mom's side of the family.

I went to Target, Kohl's, and Shoe Carnival and got some good deals yesterday without spending much money. Believe it or not, the past three or four years before this I got up before sunrise to participate in Black Friday. As much as I hate getting up early, there's something kind of fun about going shopping during special store hours and sales. Besides, I take a nap afterwards. I have never waited in line outside for more than 10 minutes before a store opened and I have never seen anyone run into or around the store. My experience has been surprisingly mellow, possibly because I avoid the electronics. And Wal-Mart. And the malls. This year I didn't go anywhere until 9:30, but I don't think I missed out on anything. I just bought some small, wearable odds and ends (tights, necklace, etc.). I'm especially excited about my new boots, because I had been restraining myself from buying new ones for maybe three years. I am wearing them today, along with a couple other new purchases! Black mid-calf boots, patterned tights, fitted sweater dress, statement necklace--I feel almost overly stylish, but I actually like these trends. All I need is a hat that I've been eyeing and I will be too cool for school. If you ever catch me in stirrup pants (again), though, it's a sign that I have officially gone too far and I must be stopped. Well, I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go yet, but I should get moving.

No comments: